Frequently Asked Questions
Your supervisor and department administrator will work with Technology Support Center (TSC) staff to provide you with the appropriate technology to meet your work needs. Standard devices include:
- A laptop or desktop computer.
- Keyboard and mouse
- Skype for Business headset
Talk with your supervisor about additional technology needs based on your position.
If you need a technology accommodation, please talk with your supervisor.
There are several mobile apps for use at KU:
- Duo multi-factor authentication is required for all faculty and staff when logging into KU systems. (iOS | Android)
- Outlook lets you manage all your email accounts and calendars in one convenient spot. (iOS | Android)
- Blackboard Instructor gives instructors a quick and easy way to open courses, interact with students, and view content. (iOS | Android)
- Concur for Mobile integrates with KU's Concur travel system, allowing you to manage travel expenses wherever you are. (iOS | Android)
- Rave Guardian helps enhance personal safety through real-time interactive features that enable you to connect with friends and family, as well as public safety responders. (iOS | Android)
- My Bus Lawrence provides real-time arrival information for the coordinated bus system operated by the City of Lawrence and The University of Kansas. (iOS | Android)
KU Accounts & Systems
Yes. You'll hear both terms used around campus. Your KU Online ID is used to log in to your KU accounts and is formatted as, for example, a123b456. This is different from your KU Employee ID and State of Kansas ID. More about KU Online ID, Employee ID and State of Kansas ID.
No. You will always use the alphanumeric ID (for example, a123b456) to log into KU systems. However, you can create an alias for your KU email address. An alias is a nickname for your permanent email address; after creating an alias, you can share that email address with others and messages sent to that account will go to your official KU email account.