CONNECTING WITH TECHNOLOGY AT KU
Device Setup Checklist:
WHILE ON CAMPUS
- Connect to JAYHAWK Wi-Fi
- Connect your OneDrive for Business file storage
- Download Blackboard and Microsoft Office
- Add your KU email account
- Get additional apps – mobileplaza.ku.edu
Connect to Jayhawk Wi-Fi Network:
- When on campus, open Settings on your device.
- Select Wi-Fi. If necessary, disconnect from any KU Network profiles (KUGUEST, KU-Passport) by tapping the blue “i” to the right of the network name and selecting Forget this network.
- Select JAYHAWK. Enter your KU Online ID in the Username field, and your KU Online Password in the Password field, then select Join.
- Select Accept or Trust in the top right corner of the screen, if prompted to accept a certificate.
OneDrive for Business
Use for File Storage:
- Download Microsoft OneDrive from the App Store.
- Open the OneDrive app and type your primary email address.
- Select Sign in to OneDrive for Business on the Choose an Account screen.
- Sign in with your KU Online ID and Password.
The Blackboard mobile app can be used to see course announcements or get alerts when grades have posted. To submit assignments, view course reading materials, and complete any other graded work, you will want to use the full website, courseware.ku.edu.
- Download Blackboard from the App Store.
- Open the Blackboard app and type “University of Kansas” as your school’s name.
- Type your KU Online ID and Password and select Log In.
Configure KU Email (iOS 11 or 10):
- Open Settings from your home screen, or swipe down on the home screen to search for Settings.
iOS 11: Choose Accounts and Passwords.
iOS 10: Choose Mail and then select Accounts.
- Choose Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your primary email address, password, and enter a description for the account. Then click Next.
- Enter the following information. Then select Save:
Username: enter your KU Online ID
Password: your password
- Choose which services you would like to have synchronized with your KU account. Mail is the only mandatory option.