CONNECT TO KU EMAIL VIA MICROSOFT OUTLOOK MOBILE APP
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for and download the Microsoft Outlook app.
- Open the app after it is installed.
- Tap Get Started.
- Add your KU email address (for example, email@example.com) and tap Continue.
- You will be prompted to sign in to KU's system using your KU Online ID and password.
- Tap Skip when prompted to Add Another Account.
- Tap Skip if you want to bypass the app overview.
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for and download the ZOOM Cloud meetings app.
- Once it is installed, you can join Zoom meetings through the app in one of two ways:
- Click on a link in an email that was sent by the meeting organizer. This opens the app, and then you'll need to enter the password provided in the email.
- Open the app directly and enter a Meeting ID and password provided by the meeting organizer.
ONEDRIVE MOBILE APP
As a KU student, you have one terabyte of online storage provided through OneDrive for Business.
- Download Microsoft OneDrive from the Google Play Store.
- Open the OneDrive app and type your primary KU email address.
- Select Sign in to OneDrive for Business on the Choose an Account screen.
- Sign in with your KU Online ID and Password.
OTHER MICROSOFT OFFICE APPS
You can use the full functionality of many other Microsoft Office apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more on your mobile device. Also, you can download the latest Microsoft Office suite on your computer at no cost through office365.ku.edu.
BLACKBOARD MOBILE APP
- Download Blackboard from the App Store.
- Open the Blackboard app and enter University of Kansas as your school’s name.
- Select Web Login.
- Select Login.
- Enter your KU Online ID and Password and select Log In.
The Blackboard mobile app is great for getting announcements and alerts when grades post. To submit assignments, view course reading materials, and complete any other graded work, you will want to use the full website, courseware.ku.edu.
You have access to Adobe Spark Premium where you can graphics, webpages and videos. You can use Adobe Spark Post on your Android device, however you’ll have more functionality using the browser-based version (see below).
- Download Adobe Spark Post app.
- By “Have an Adobe ID or Education account,” select Log in.
- Enter your KU email address.
- Select Sign in with an Enterprise ID.
- If prompted, select Enterprise ID.
- You should be redirected to the KU login page where you can log in as usual with your KU Online ID and password.
Tip: You can also access Adobe Spark by logging into spark.adobe.com.
CONNECT TO JAYHAWK WI-FI THIS FALL
- When on campus, go to your device Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- If necessary, forget the Guest network.
- Select JAYHAWK.
- Your settings should match the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: None
- CA certificate: Do not validate
- Identity: Your personal KU Online ID
- Anonymous identity: (Leave blank)
- Password: Your password.
- Select Connect.
In a few seconds, you should see “Connected” appear under the Jayhawk network.
Need Tech Help?
The KU IT Customer Service Center can assist with your technology questions.
Lawrence: 785-864-8080 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Walk-in Support at Anschutz Library
Edwards: 913-626-9619 | email@example.com | Walk-in Support at Regents Center Hawks Nest
This information is only for students. Students should not share their KU Online ID & password with anyone. KU IT will never ask for your password.